Built in 1930’s in Functionalist style, this building has become one of the city’s modern art centres, where exhibitions of Estonian and foreign artists take place.
No matter what the exhibition is, new ideas always have a refreshing effect. No art medium is preferred to others; the exhibition programme is driven by the question of what is currently important in Estonia by combining the various practices of artists from different generations, who are active in contemporary cultural life, into an integral whole.
The collection of the Art Hall has about 4,000 items, mainly from between 1970 and 1990.
The Art Hall is closed during the change of exhibitions.