Home > House of Blackheads

House of Blackheads

Address: Pikk tänav 26, Kesklinna linnaosa, Tallinn | Show on map
Telephone: (+372) 669 9946
Website: http://www.mustpeademaja.ee/?lang=en External link
E-mail: info@mustpeademaja.ee
Method of payment: Card payment
Request info

The House of Blackheads is the only surviving Renaissance building in Tallinn. A residence probably existed at this location already in the 14th century.

The Brotherhood of Blackheads bought the property in the first half of the 16th century, when they also built a new hall without vaults.

A major reconstruction took place in 1597, when the façade was redesigned in the spirit of the Renaissance architecture from the Netherlands, with its rich ornamentation and carved decorations.

One of Tallinn’s most eye-catching painted doors dates from the 1640s. The two-nave, arched guildhall bought from the Olav Guild dates from the 15th century.

National Registry of Cultural Monuments.

Times and prices


Is open 02.01 - 22.12 advance bookings only


  • Site lighting
  • Toilet
  • WiFi

Additional services

  • Guide service available
  • Themed events


Seminar and conference rooms