Tallinn - medieval and modern

Home > Pilistvere St Andrew Church

Pilistvere St Andrew Church

Address: Pilistvere küla, Kõo vald, Viljandi maakond | Show on map
Telephone: (+372) 437 8561
E-mail: pilistvere@eelk.ee
Method of payment: Cash

The stone church was built in the second half of the 13th century. It was constructed on the example of Suure-Jaani and other Järvamaa churches. Pilistvere church resembles these by the arched choir area, nave and the tower. The church was destroyed several times during 17th to 18th century. It was reconstructed in 1762 which is also stated in the eastern wall of the church. The tower built in 1856 was destroyed in 1905 and reconstructed in 1990. Good to know: -The local priest was mentioned already in 1234. -Pilistvere church has the highest tower of all Estonian rural churches

Times and prices

Is open advance bookings only

Free of charge.

Features

  • Information boards
  • Free parking

Meals

Seminar and conference rooms