While Covid-19 is still with us, all travellers need to address questions of safety. How to be sure that the restaurant you have chosen for dinner is doing everything to keep their guests safe? Where is the cleanest and safest place to sleep? Finding answers has become a lot easier. Just keep your eyes open for the "You are safe here" ("Siin on turvaline") quality label when choosing a spa, restaurant or hotel.
"You are safe here" is a quality label which's aim is to guarantee safety both for the visitors and for the hospitality staff. The label can be obtained by all responsible cafes, bars, restaurants, spas and accommodation providers attesting that they comply with all the instructions prescribed by the Health Board of Estonia for the prevention of the spread of Covid-19.
All institutions applying for the label have to take part in the Estonian Hotel and Restaurant Association's webinars and review their sectoral guidelines. An institution loses the right to use this label if they receive complaints about violations of the agreement and when the issuer of the label has identified a violation.
What does "You are safe here" stand for?
Various Estonian destinations and companies have already started using the "You are safe here" label. Seeing this quality label displayed by a spa, restaurant or accommodation provider means that you can be sure that this particular establishment
- does not allow their employees to come to work with Covid-19 symptoms
- has staff regularly disinfecting their hands
- informs all visitors about the Covid-19 Code of Conduct
- has enough space indoors for staff and guests to keep a distance
- has disinfectants available for everyone
- has staff monitoring guests and sending people with symptoms home
- will thoroughly clean the surfaces that have come in contact with a person displaying symptoms
- does not sell alcohol to people with signs of intoxication and asks intoxicated people to leave
- constantly ventilates the indoors areas
Keeping this label means constant work since the establishment loses the right to display it when they have violated the rules. In other words: when you see this quality label, all precautions have been taken to make your visit as safe as possible.