Kuressaare Town Hall

Kuressaare Town Hall was built in 1654–1670. The initiator of the town hall building was count M. G. De la Gardie. The town hall is simple and adheres to strict rules, but appears grand. It is a representative of the so-called Northern Baroque and is decorated with a hewn portal that dates back to 1670.
Interesting fact: The ceiling of the hall on the first floor of the town hall is decorated by the largest ceiling painting in Estonia, which was sent from Narva (and before that, from St. Petersburg) during the restoration works.
On the ground floor of the town hall are the town hall gallery and the tourist information centre. On the first floor, you will find the Saaremaa Rural Municipality Council.
National Register of Cultural Monuments

Kuressaare Town Hall was built in 1654–1670. The initiator of the town hall building was count M. G. De la Gardie. The town hall is simple and adheres to strict rules, but appears grand. It is a representative of the so-called Northern Baroque and is

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 22 reviews | Write a review

Features and amenities
Newsletter