The history of the ruins rising above the banks of the Pirita River date back to 1407, when the largest nunnery in Old Livonia was founded here. The convent that got its name from St. Birgitta, who founded the mother convent in Sweden, survived in its original form until 1577, when the forces of Ivan the Terrible destroyed it.
At the end of the last century, several extensive excavation and conservation projects took place on the premises of the medieval convent.
The massive façade, walls, cellars and graveyard have survived until the present.
The beautiful ensemble of ruins—a popular concert venue in summer—is managed by the sisters of the Bridgettine Order.
Times and prices 01.01–31.12
Is open every day: 08:00 - 20:00