Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwaldi tänav 1, Tartu linn, Tartu
Tähtvere Mansion was first mentioned in 1515 and belonged to the Bishop of Tartu in the Middle Ages. In 1919, part of the lands of Tähtvere Mansion were sold as the first building plots of Tähtvere District. The main building of the mansion (built in 1910 in the heimat style) has been preserved and is used as one of the study buildings of the Estonian University of Life Sciences (an extension has been added to it).
The surviving outbuildings of the mansion are a small animal barn, a maid's house, a barn/grain dryer, a cattle barn, a farmhand's house, and a smithy.
The Mansion can only be seen from the outside and it can also be seen for example in the guided bicycle tour "Tartu City Mansions".
Observed from distance
The mansion is a 25-minute walk from the city centre. In the immediate vicinity of the mansion there is also the Maaülikooli bus stop, where bus line No. 6 stops.