VIIRELAIU TULETORN 785, Võiküla, Muhu vald, Saare maakond
Viirelaid, which was historically called Paternoster (‘Our Father’ in Latin), is an islet by the southeastern coast of Muhu. Its area is 81 ha.
According to the latest data, the first navigation mark was erected on the Paternoster islet in 1836. The new wooden tower was built in 1857. As the wooden tower often needed repairs, plans for a new metal tower were made. In 1880, the construction of a tower, a lodge, a sauna, and a fuel warehouse started. The complex was completed in 1881.
Observed from distance